Deposit ONLY for Adult/FALL B
Classes are every Monday 6-8pm for 6 weeks.
Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28
*For this term, we will only have 4 weeks, so the balance will be $46*
Please select this option if you prefer to pay a $20 deposit to reserve your spot until classes begin. The balance ($79) can be paid in person on the first day of class by cash, check, or credit card. Supplies are not included. Please see supply list.
- 3 Canvases or canvas boards (16" x 20" recommended)
- Travel Size Spray Bottle (not the kind with a trigger, but the kind with a press top as with hairspray, perfume, etc.)
- White plastic or styrofoam plates for a palette
- White chalkboard chalk
- Acrylic Paint (basic list): Liquitex and Golden brands are great. ("Artist Loft" brand from Michael's is not recommended.)
- Titanium White (a lot!)
- Cadmium Yellow medium hue
- Cadmium Red medium
- Phthalo Green
- Cobalt Blue
- Dioxazine Purple
- Yellow Ochre or Yellow Oxide
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Cadmium Orange (must be professional grade)
- Prussian Blue
- Gloss medium (small bottle)
- Brushes (synthetic, taklon, or sable) Don't worry about exact sizes, just get a variety
- Flat (1/4", 1/2", 1")
- Rounded (1/8", 1/4", 1/2")
- Plastic Water container x 2 (mayo jars, jelly jars, etc.)
- Rags or paper towels
- Supplies can be purchased from Reddi Arts, Michael's, JoAnne's, and A.C. Moore. Some, but not all, items are available at Wal-Mart.
- Students usually spend less using an online retailer. I recommend the following:
- Dick Blick Art Supplies: www.dickblick.com
- Cheap Joe's Art Stuff: www.cheapjoes.com
Student Grade vs. Professional Grade
- The basic rule when deciding between "student" or "professional" grade products is to buy the best that you can afford. The phrase "You Get What You Pay For" is very true with art materials, especially with paint and brushes.
- Talk to your instructor if you have questions.
Return and Refund Policy
There are no refunds for missed classes. Please be sure of your availability to attend classes before signing up.