Classes are two hours and run for six weeks. We will explore acrylic painting techniques such as underpainting, wet-to-wet blend, dry brush, glazing, etc. No experience necessary. $99 is the full price for this 6-week course. If you prefer, you can choose to make a $20 deposit (go back to "classes" menu) and then pay the balance in person on the first day of class.Monday 6-8pm $ 99(Supplies not included. See Supply LIst) Spring 'C' Session: Mondays 6pm-8pm April 12, 19, 26 May 3, 10, 17
- Canvas or canvas board (16" x 20" recommended)
- Travel Size Spray Bottle (not the kind with a trigger, but the kind with a press top as with hairspray, perfume, etc.)
- White plastic or styrofoam plates for a palette
- White chalkboard chalk
- Acrylic Paint (basic list): Liquitex and Golden brands are great. ("Artist Loft" brand from Michael's is not recommended.)
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow medium hue
- Cadmium Red medium
- Phthalo Green
- Cobalt Blue
- Dioxazine Purple
- Yellow Ochre or Yellow Oxide
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Cadmium Orange (must be professional grade)
- Prussian Blue
- Gloss medium (small bottle)
- Brushes (synthetic, taklon, or sable) Don't worry about exact sizes, just get a variety
- Flat (1/4", 1/2", 1")
- Rounded (1/8", 1/4", 1/2")
- Plastic Water container (mayo jars, jelly jars, etc.)
- Rags or paper towels
- Supplies can be purchased from Reddi Arts, Michael's, JoAnne's, and A.C. Moore. Some, but not all, items are available at Wal-Mart.
- Students usually spend less using an online retailer. I recommend the following:
- Dick Blick Art Supplies: www.dickblick.com
- Cheap Joe's Art Stuff: www.cheapjoes.com
Student Grade vs. Professional Grade
- The basic rule when deciding between "student" or "professional" grade products is to buy the best that you can afford. The phrase "You Get What You Pay For" is very true with art materials, especially with paint and brushes.
- Talk to your instructor if you have questions.
There are no refunds for missed classes. Please be sure of your availability to attend classes before signing up.